Event Scope / Purpose
The aim of this tutorial is to prepare system administrators on the installation of grid sites and actually put together those facilities to increase the size of the SAGrid infrastructure. The first days will be dedicated to the gLite middleware, services installation and configuration. The second part will be dedicated to have the participants install sites, remotely (from the tutorial), at their home institutions.
- Participants should have very good Linux knowledge and must know Bash shell and Perl programming. No prior gLite knowledge is required, although it is very welcome.
- During the remote installation, at least one system administrator should be available at the home institution to aid in the site setup process.
- The following hardware is needed at the home institutions for and adequate functional Grid site (highly recommended):
- 1 machine for the user interface (UI);
- 1 machine for the storage element (SE);
- 1 machine for the computing element (CE);
- 20 cores (at least) as worker nodes (WN).
- Machines should be scratchable.
- Smaller configurations are possible. For example, one machine for an UI may allow you to connect to a Grid without having a local site.
Deadline for registration
14 May 2011.
Registration for this event is free of charge.
If you need an invitation letter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Such a letter is generally requested to get a visa.
Please check with the appropriate consulate/embassy whether or not a visa is necessary to get in the country of the event.
|Dates:||from 23 May 2011 09:00 to 27 May 2011 18:00|
|Location:||Stellenbosch (South Africa)